The REALITY Israel Experience takes a cohort of current Teach For America corps members on an all expenses-paid, 10-day journey across Israel to learn first-hand about the Israeli education system, explore the values that drive their professional aspirations and commitment to social justice, and see some of the world’s most storied and sacred sites. Corps members leave Israel with new skills, tools and motivation to make meaningful differences in the communities and classrooms in which they live and work.
To be eligible:
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Each participant must be a member in good standing of the 2011 or 2012 Teach For America corps.
- Teach For America alumni are not eligible to participate.
- Have affiliations with or interests in Jewish life.
Preference will be given to corps members who:
- Have not previously traveled to Israel on a peer group trip, although in 2013, a certain number of spots will be will be held for those who have, so all are encouraged to apply.
- As a leadership development opportunity, applicants will be selected based upon prior achievements, potential to transform participation into meaningful action and ability to contribute positively to the group experience.