Exploring the intersection between the world’s biggest needs, your deepest values and your greatest strengths
Do you need another dose of REALITY?
The REALITY Check Fellowship is a year-long program for REALITY Israel Community Members highly motivated to continue their development and become the most effective agents for change possible. Fellows will sharpen their sense of what values matter most to them, what they do best, and what issues most require their leadership. REALITY Check is designed for select REALITY Israel Community Members to expand upon the themes and approaches from the Israel experience: meeting tremendous leaders, powerful self-reflective opportunities, a supportive community and the opportunity to make the most of their efforts for social change.
REALITY Check is an intensive leadership development fellowship that enables REALITY Israel Community Members to explore, grow and synthesize their values, strengths and understanding of community needs in order to have a lasting impact on the world. The program will enable fellows to:
- Incorporate and adapt Jewish-inspired methods that allow us to reflect upon, and enact, our carefully considered values
- Identify and incorporate our personal strengths into our work while compensating for areas of weakness for the purpose of fulfilling our unique leadership potential
- Build authentic connections to “our people” – the neighbors in the communities we serve and the family, friends and other allies in our personal and professional lives, helping us feel grounded, supported and deepened in our commitment to the common good
- Zero in on our personal Theory of Change based on a deep analysis of root causes to inequity, and learn from attempts to enact it
This opportunity is particularly valuable for individuals who are highly motivated to sharpen their personal and career trajectory but feel they need a supportive, intentional experience to do so. Everyone who joins REALITY Check must be prepared to explore themselves and their values deeply, be challenged and supported by others – and do the same for the rest of the group – and develop and take action on a Theory of Change.
REALITY Check Fellows will reconnect with their peers from the REALITY Israel Experience program through in-person and web-supported discussions, training seminars, guest speakers, mentoring opportunities, and shared experiences.
Fellows will also be responsible for completing several projects and commitments. These sessions will involve pre-work, including readings and reflections. REALITY Fellows will be required to fulfill all responsibilities and participate in all program components. These include:
- Two immersive retreats: 1) January 18-21, 2013 (East Coast location TBD) and 2) July 2012 (dates and location TBD)
- Four participant and/or group-led projects, including hosting a Passover Seder, developing your own Theory of Change and implementing a Tikkun Project to take action on your theory
- Monthly “Chevruta” (paired text study)
- Monthly small group virtual gatherings
- Monthly conversations with an individual mentor who can serve as a “life coach”
Community Members of the REALITY Israel Experience from 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 are eligible to participate in the REALITY Check Fellowship. You must commit to participate in all aspects of the program.
Apply now. Applications are due by Monday, October 29, 2012, 12pm EST. Please note, the application process may include an interview.
Questions? Contact [email protected].